September 18, 2008

Measure Twice Cut Once.


I am a hopelessly visual person. I have to draw little squares on a piece of paper in order to calculate square footage. Even with a calculator, I still have to draw the damn boxes and write numbers above them and to the side in order to trust the numbers.

So now, I wait for clarity. More accurately, I wait until I can wrap my head around some numbers before I call in my cuts to the paper store-again. It's slightly more complex as I'm trying to calculate the excess needed for making deckle edges for a square. Many of them.
I could measure a one inch border 3 times and still be off by a 16th of an inch each time, yet if I eyeball it, I'm good to go each time.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.