June 04, 2008

June Gloom

You can even wiki it.
It started on June 1st. Creepy how accurate it was. Thank heavens we're a few miles off the coast, so it tends to lift around noon over here in scenic Culver City, but that may explain the seasonal malaise I'm experiencing now. Even as I type.

Matt just flew off to New York for his 3rd degree black belt test in Karate. I tried to practice Karate. Twice. I'd be okay if some troglodyte tried to attack me, because I learned enough to get some self-defense moves down, plus I also took a self-defense class after a break-in— but physical bodily grace in the form of sport posturing does not become me. I tried ballet as a kid and thanks to Fort Nightly when I was in 7th grade, I know how to fake a waltz. But I have some slight Left-Right dyslexia and I get dizzy and confused if I try to move too many limbs rapidly all at once. 

It's also the last week for my show at Kristi Engle. It comes down this Saturday. I think it was a good run. People genuinely seemed to enjoy it and I got a review that, as much as I'd like to pretend I've no interest in petty things like reviews, made me feel pretty effing fantastic. It was kind of like getting a promotion for doing my job really well. Though I'm not really sure what I got promoted to. Maybe the corner studio with the keys to the private slop sink. Oh wait, already got that. But windows, maybe a studio with windows one day....

OK. Back to work. June Gloom has almost lifted.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.