September 24, 2010

Just between you me and the lamp post...

It's pleasant enough being back here, but honestly, I'm already to go home again. Apparently this means I have defined home. I also am at a small crossroad regarding blogging and facebook. Feeling a hibernation coming on. A retreat or withdrawal.  Made it to Steve Roden's show at the Armory today. Very good. Dental appointment followed by studio visit with Mark Dutcher tomorrow. My hostess has suggested I go to the Korean Day Spa. Perhaps I will. I did yoga this evening and fell asleep during shavasana. I rough hung the show this morning. Last night I had sushi with Matt.

9/25/10 Addendum: Bummed to have postponed my studio visit with Mark due to the dental appointment. My face was so numb my friend said I looked like I had botox and Bell's palsy. I'm still hungover from the anesthesia. Lesson learned: Never, EVER, miss the 6-month check-up again.

2 comments:

julia schwartz said...

oh and I was going to tell you today how much Mark admires your work! he told me to tell you when I did a studio visit with him last month, but I forgot to tell you today, or rather I got distracted by everything else we were talking about.
i guess you didn't need me to tell you, though, because he probably already told you himself!!

so glad I found your blog, but you're already saying everything so I don't need to do one now so...

mj said...

hi MAH, hope the show was a wild success. so sorry i am no longer there to see it; seeing your previous show at Kristi Engle was a bright spot for me. hope LA was good too. i can't even wrap my head around it anymore....
cheers!
(also, thanks for your comment on my blog from a while back.)

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.