February 11, 2010

Images from my world in progress

None of these have been titled yet, though I think I have a working show title. They're in various stages. The works can change quite drastically as I work on them, until one day, I no longer notice a need to work on them. They'll either survive or not, but at some point, we say goodbye.



^ You might recognize this from a few weeks ago when it aspired to be a romantic flower. If I hang it upside down, I'm better with it. Either way it makes my teeth hurt.



^ I'm about to call this one finished.

Another pool


It's like I'm always trying to fix something with duct tape.

3 comments:

Elaine Mari said...

painting on the edge of failure, totally stimulating. i like the one that makes your teeth hurt. it is so on the edge..

Carla said...

These are very exciting. I really like the aching teeth one, too, and the one which may be finished. I think the inventiveness with which you approach abstract work comes across even stronger with the figuration. Not saying it's more so, but that it's more apparent as a definitive factor in the work.

M.A.H. said...

I'm going to have to stash the aching teeth one so I can't see it for awhile. Funny abut the inventiveness of which you speak... my current rule prevents me from wandering completely into abstraction without a real life reference. I think it's this struggle to play by my own rules that's working either with or against me. Exception are the pool paintings which are the straight men of this dark comedy routine.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.