February 17, 2010

Recap

Highlights from some posts that I did not publish:

2/08/10- Painting flowers is killing me.
2/10/10- I'm sick of writing artist statements. I noticed that my writing style mimics my painting process.
2/16/10- The Santa Anas wreck havoc with my head; I was down for a good 2.5 days as you can read in this dramatic account:
"I exhibited symptoms of general malaise along with quaint feelings of dizziness and lethargy. If I had a fainting couch, I would have laid limp on it, alá Edward Gorey. One of the problems I have with not feeling well is that it's hard for me to stay still. The other problem is that it's LA; there's not a dark or gloomy room in the entire house. Since restlessness, sunshine, and lethargy don't mix well, I kept moving from surface to surface trying to remain inert. I suppose the solution would be some kind of therapy involving a motorized hammock in a dark room. Yesterday, my #1 priority was procuring a can of OMS, so a quick trip to the art supply store was underway before the general malaise turned into an eye headache- the kind where I envision a router drilling out my eye socket as a form of pain management. I worked a tiny bit in the studio before giving in to the couch, the ice pack, the heat pack, and a hot bath, all to no avail. Finally at 6pm, I walked over to the Thai massage place as a last ditch effort to get rid of the headache, and after being kneaded to a pulp, I felt better. I went to bed at 10:30 pm and slept for all of 2 hours. The rest of the evening/morning, I fretted over stuff. Fretting sucks. The good news is that I teach tonight, so I should be completely zombified by the time I get to class."

2/16/10- I blew my allowance on a couple of spooky looking palette knives, that apparently I could not live without.

Meanwhile in real time, I'd like to consider hiring an intern, but it's almost as though delegating the work would take as much time as doing the work.

Meanwhile, still in real time, I'm in a group show. The opening is this weekend:

2 comments:

Carla said...

One Hundred Years of Solitude. Your account reminds me of this novel.

M.A.H. said...

I read that a long time ago, but must have given it away. Baffling, since I kept My Cousin, My Gastroenterologist and Infinite Jest.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.