March 22, 2009

All work and no play....

For some archaic reason I aim to stay tech-free on Sundays, but it rarely works. My father-in-law passed away this morning. I felt obligated to post that since I've posted everything else.

I had a fairly good day in the studio on Friday with some new paintings. For another archaic reason, I try not to paint on Sundays either, so I'm just kind of hanging out listening to the wind and the plants scraping against my window. I am sitting on the sofa and Fang and I are attached at the hip.

This morning I was at a brunch/project meeting with about 25 other artists. It sounds like an interesting project. Essentially there's an archaeological museum in a Ameila, Italy and for the first phase of the project, we've been invited to exhibit a introductory work in the museum. The second phase involves making something more site-specific for next summer. More details to follow.

I should probably try to do something fun soon. I could use some side-splitting fun. Otherwise, we're likely to become a scaled down version of The Shining over here.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.