December 16, 2008

Welcome to my Printmaking Factory

Let's face it, documenting me painting would be as chaotic and boring as it sounds, but the printmaking process just begs to be documented. I forgot to document the process of drawing and carving the linoleum block, but next go round, I'll grab some images of the drawing and the carving and the thing.


I have to admit, as a painter who flies by the seat of her pants, doing something that has orderly steps was a fun switch. The first batch was a little wonky because I wasn't concerned with registration or consistency, but the next batch I decided I'd make a jig using tape and go for some accuracy. I get the feeling master printmakers might be a little more concerned with those pesky details, so as a caveat, I am not a master printmaker, I am a painter.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.