December 02, 2008

My studio table is clean and I'm ready to work.

As I was cleaning my studio I became annoyed with myself for "waiting" to work on large scale paintings until I had another solo lined up. How lame. I'm on the books with a collecting group for a studio visit next year and I suddenly realized how silly of me not to have any new larger works available to show them. It also made me realize that as of now, I am boycotting writing exhibition proposals. Obviously, if you work methodically or your work is so painfully conceptual that you'd fold without a blueprint, I understand. Or conversely, if you really like to write about things for the sole purpose of coming up with cutting edge ideas, that works too. Or if you're fresh out of school, I suppose it'll make your bones stronger. But I am so sick of being on the computer right now, that spending time trying to put a group of sentences together about unpainted works would be an exercise in anachronism.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.