December 27, 2008

Christmas week recap:

  • Nice Christmas. Excellent dinner with my mother at Prime 101 at Union Station in Nashville. Pricey, but worth it. Fabulous food and they made a special vegan menu for me that rocked. My mom enjoyed being there since she remembered when it was a working train station.
  • Way too many chores to list, but I got the converter box in place, the gas logs working again, a new answering machine/caller id installed and some routine housework done. It sounds pretty simple, but for various reasons, it wasn't. I am what is referred to as a long-distance caregiver. There's a lot to learn and organize. Plus she has a horse dog that's adorable but nuts.

  • Made some time to meet a couple of people for coffee, but could not fit in everyone I wanted to see. That's the tough part, finding balance. Not my strong suit.
  • Did manage to get to Radnor Lake and do some hiking. It's my little Walden.

  • Worked on some watercolor sketches of the living room furniture. I've had this thing about furniture my whole life. I think next trip I may work on larger paper and make them less sketchy. Or not.
  • Saw Keith Urban at the grocery store on the way back. I was picking up some vegan cookies for the return flight. He was buying flowers.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.