August 02, 2008

A couple of fun shows this summer...

$2 Show
100 artists were given a $2 Bill on which to make their masterpiece - each artwork is priced at $200 as a fundraiser for i-5 gallery.
July 11-August 23.

The economy is sad. A forlorn bather considers jumping into a pool of molten silver. What a nice sunset.

and

Portrait Exhibition – "A Mirror On Which To Dwell"
The Government Gallery at VCAC
Exhibition dates: Thursday, July 31 – Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Reception: Thursday, August 7, 2008 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Curated By: Paul Benavidez



This is a drawing of a photograph taken of my mom and I for the church directory ions ago. My dad didn't go to church that Sunday. I have a godawful shag haircut and braces. I am wearing what I affectionately refer to as my Christmas Morning smile. It's the really big fake smile I put on for the camera after some dysfunctional family holiday argument.

Mother-daughter relationships are kind of intense, aren't they?

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.