June 19, 2010

Life is different here.

For one, everything seems to be spread out over the space time continuum in a different order, For another, I'm getting ready to smite AT&T Broadband. In all my life, I've never ever ever had a more annoying hold recording. The Internet sucks here. Hi-speed my ass. I shudder to think what lo speed is, considering I lose connection about every 3 minutes. I'm grumpy tonight.

I cleaned a small section of the garage today, or more accurately, a cargo van piled high with junk went to the junk yard. Nothing particularly interesting- a 10-foot pole, the skeleton of a dead bird, a canvas tent from the 60's, broken lawn chairs, assorted rusted metal things, a box of something that had disintegrated into something else, an interesting piece of antique furniture in several parts for which I could not figure out, and which was also in a state of sad affairs, a broken spinning wheel, and 6 boxes that my parents never unpacked, or even opened from when we moved here in 1968, to name a few. I opened one up: empty jars, like the ones that Nescafé and Tang came in. I also finally got around to sweeping some of the silt left from the flood. Ideally the garage will be my studio as soon as my studio stuff arrives and I finish cleaning it.

AT&T finally disconnected me from the phone que queue. Not a good sign. (I always forget the extra ue, in queue, in attempt to combine cue ball and queue.) 

I can't wait to paint again. I keep saying that or at least I keep thinking I'm saying that. I was looking over the original deed to the house and noticed I may keep horses, dogs, cows and chickens, but no other animals- in a pen on the premises for the benefit and pleasure of myself and my guests. I could also establish a stable for horses and mules, etc. for general use by the community. I don't care for horses. Oh right, what does that have to do with painting? Exactly. I feel like such a city girl after all these years and suddenly the burbs are sucking me in. I bought two tomato plants. In accordance with the deed, I saw that I may also have a garden, a laundry yard and an incinerator provided I hide it with a hedge. An incinerator would be nice right now. 

tired. bed. 

2 comments:

Carla said...

I read One Hundred Years of Solitude twice. I can't remember any of the storylines/lifelines, but I do remember its time warpiness and mood. If you start seeing lots of ants, get the hell outta there (I do remember that final scenario).

M.A.H. said...

I remember reading the book and the overall mood, but had to google the ants reference. I suppose termites and moles would be a close second. I think the termites may have moved on, but the moles seem to have been building a superhighway in my absence.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.