November 12, 2009

Real Painters Use Paint.

#35 Get off the Couch

Yes, so I'm in the real studio today cleaning my real painting table off and have another painter coming over to take a look at the pool paintings-the real ones that smell like oil paint.

I'm stymied by my lack of interest in making abstract work on the iPhone. It just doesn't hold my interest right now. I think it has to do with it being virtually impossible to make an honest abstract mark on the iPhone. It LOOKS like a painterly blob, but it's not created the same way as a painterly blob. The abstract painting on the iPhone is simply a image of what an abstract painting would look like, not what it actually is. That, and I'm really into the the banal images representing my life right now.



3 comments:

Steven LaRose said...

I don't get it. are you using a stylus? or can you zoom in on the picture and do this all with your finger? Are the marks made over a photograph like in rotoscoping? Or over a streaming image?

Anonymous said...

First off- Thanks for the print. it's lovely and a very nice surprise. It arrived just moments ago.

All fingers. No stylus. All direct observation only. No tweaking in Photoshop. No photographs, and I don't even know how one would work on top of a streaming image. You zoom in to make detail marks.

There are some videos that show the process at this link-
http://brushesapp.com/

Wilmer Pozo Sánchez said...

SUPER BIEN!!. I LIKE IT


VISITA mi blog:


http://wilpozo.blogspot.com


"ONIRICOSIS"

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.