November 20, 2008

I discovered where the human eye can detect between 1,000,000 and 10,000,000 colors and I feel much better, even challenged.

Last night as I left the studio, I was fascinated by my use or misuse of color and was suddenly in awe that, try as I might, I had not yet exhausted the world's color combination supply. It was a good feeling cuz although my palette changes somewhat frequently, I sometimes get stuck on certain colors like a bad penny. I was at a point where I thought I had tapped the color wheel well almost dry and was doomed to repeat myself or go neutral. (Still an option). So having a little epiphany via my minor color breakthrough was inspiring and then to find out that the human eye can detect millions of separate colors nailed it.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.