June 29, 2017

The Desert is Inconvenient.


Day 32. Welcome to the Wild West.

I've lost track of how many miles I'm putting on my car per week, and I work from home. To be fair, for the last few weeks I was traveling from Point A to Point B two to three times a day, with side trips to Home Depo where I keep returning stuff: (crawlspace vents- yes, I measured, and no, they don't stock my size; light bulbs that are too garish for desert nights, and some thing I would have eventually smashed with a hammer trying to open had I kept it.) A trip to the local grocery store requires strategic planning, and a trip "down the hill" to Trader Joe's entails emergency supplies and an itinerary. There's a battalion of ants colonizing my land and I've already had a close encounter with a baby scorpion [See above about crawlspace vent.]

I could go on, but here's the thing— inconvenience is a wonderful teacher and I couldn't be happier.


No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.