February 22, 2016

Index cards.


I'm working on the 4th micro-doc. The footage has been uploaded and I'm in the middle of logging. I had the questions written out ahead of time. Everything was set to go smoothly, but we ended up conversing on and off camera which made it difficult to remember what was on and off camera. There were tangents. I should have kept the camera running. My goal is 3-5 minutes.  I shot on Friday, uploaded on Saturday, and on Sunday I began looking at footage. I'm currently at about 18 minutes of selects and have 14 more minutes of interview to screen. I took a short break to check a message. My computer had a bizarre crash. Black screen with multiple languages telling me there was a problem and it had to shut down. I was watching Dick Van Dyke advocating for Bernie Sanders on Facebook. Dick began stuttering like he was having stroke and I was wondering wtf was going on when the computer crashed. I'm still not sure what happened. I started back up, but it's late- 10:30pm. I'll start cutting tomorrow. I'm nervous at this stage. I always am. Once I see structure, I'm okay. Sometimes I start cutting B-roll to music I'll never use just to see hope. Right now it's Peggy Lee, "Is that all there is?" I'm obsessed with that song lately.
Index cards. 

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.