March 11, 2014

Breaking News from the Back Forty.


Almost the most exciting thing I've yet to report: In a test run, I was able to set-up my canopy in under 5 minutes. Totally. I'm not lying. This bodes very well for the new work and the spring and summer painting season. I tried this last year, but for some reason I could not get the top to click in place and on that particular day, I temporarily abandoned hope, thinking it was indeed, a two-person set-up. The last time I successfully set up the canopy by myself was in 2009 or 2010 outside the Culver City studio. I recall it being a 2-day operation.

Five Minutes, really. Seven, tops.

After which, I went back inside to finish up the indoor paintings. Two down, and two to go. I've made a pact with myself that I will finish paintings before starting new ones. It was getting to the point that I was getting a bit nervous about having the momentum to finish all of them. In a way it was a good MO to play with, but I'm into simplicity now and the multiple palettes was like a juggling act. On the other hand, I've been known to contradict myself. Over and over.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.