May 02, 2013

Yesterday: The studio is a wreck. This is good.

I'm actually supposed to be updating my bio and writing another artist statement, but right before the dog and I hit our respective meditation cushions, I was in the studio and had one of those embarrassingly over the top I HEART painting moments I get every now and then. I'm still newly enamored with having finally married my watercolor practice with my painting-painting practice, I have 38 kitchen sketches completed, and out of left field, a painting of a skunk I just started. I proceeded to revel in the elasticity of my painting practice and how that even after 30 years, painting is still wide open for me. This is what keeps it fresh.

And never underestimate the power of a jar of fluorescent paint arriving in the mail. Instant bling.






No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.