February 17, 2012

Metaphors

I'm working on two upcoming solo shows. I'm on schedule, but I need to have things wrapped up in the studio fairly soon. Since November, I've made 21 new paintings. I'm still noodling a few because that's how I work. I have an imaginary shortlist of ones that might be too simple, keeping in mind that my definition of simple may be different than other people's definition of simple. I also have to write the statement for the show. I'm nearing the moment in painting that I don't want to end- the one I'd like to prolong because I enjoy it so much and I don't want it to be definitive. I've written about it this moment before and sometimes I compare it to the story of Scheherazade in Arabian Nights.

This has some funny to it.  Both de Pury and Colbert are great.




The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Raging Art-On - Art 1
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogVideo Archive


and this one




No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.