December 24, 2011

Day 16-19: studio

Saturday.
It was sunny today so I pulled the painting out of the living room and into the studio to see what it looked like in daylight. I worked on it a bit more. I swore I wouldn't, but I did. Then I swore AGAIN that I wouldn't work on it anymore. I repeated this process at least twice today. I'm done with it. I've got a gnawing feeling that if I switched over to oils, it might look like what I thought it should like and I could continue this madness ad infinitum.

Sunday.
Xmas music, followed by Mission Impossible and Chinese.

Monday.
Long day in studio. Worked on 2-3 paintings over and over.

Tuesday.
Visited with cousin. Discussed handguns and rifles.







2 comments:

harold hollingsworth said...

Oils are hard, so hard to beat, cheers Mary!

M.A.H. said...

thanks harold. it was tempting to switch, but it was a nice break.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.