April 29, 2009

Strictly professional post. None of that messy personal stuff. I am a robot today.

I'm in a couple of exhibitions this May. Incognito benefits the Santa Monica Museum of Art and the other is the Venice Art Walk and Silent Auction which benefits the Venice Family Clinic.

Incognito at SMMOA Saturday May 2.
details: http://www.smmoa.org/index.php/exhibitions/details/224

Venice Artwalk and Silent Auction
Saturday May 16 Free preview.
Sunday May 17th Silent Auction.
details: http://www.venicefamilyclinic.org/index.php?view=thirty_vawa_art_walk

****
I am still prepping linen for the new canvases. I finished a few and started working on one of them. I'll never be a perfectionist in the studio, not when it comes to spills and drips. The gorgeous clean edges of linen have already been marked by errant gesso and oil-stained washes dripping down the sides. This is who I am. There's no hiding it and it's not worth the self-induced agony of worrying that someone else might not like the lived-in look of my edges.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.