November 13, 2008

Today is a two-post day. Post #2

Oranges and Sardines, Conversations on Abstract Painting.

I'm pretty much a sucker for any painting show, but especially ones that take a critical look at abstract painting. Since my blog makes no pretense at striving to be a source of cutting edge reviews, I'll just gush over a few paintings and artists in list form. Dry, but to the point.

Francis Bacon, Figure with Two Owls, Study for Velazquez.
Those 2 owls have always looked liked pointy-toed boots to me in reproductions and I always laugh at myself for forgetting they're owls and thinking they're boots. Then again it's not like the piece is titled Figure with Two Pointy-Toed Boots, Study for Velazquez.

David Hockney, Little Splash.
Amy Sillman.
Howard Hodgkin, After Matisse.
Paul Thek, God is.
Albert Oehlen
Chris Wool (According to his list, we're art very art compatible.)
Dieter Roth
Charline Von Heyl
Guston
At this point I'm realizing I'm naming half the show.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.