December 18, 2009

Kind of like taking off the church dress and changing into play clothes.


One day I promise to set up the tripod and make pretty for these casual shots.

It has occurred to me that working out ideas in public might not be such a good idea. I mean, let's say you stumbled on this blog because you're looking for "My routine" or "My palette is a feudal system" and you see me talking about painting flowers like I just fell off the turnip truck. And because I'm an abstract painter, (yes, pigeonholing myself into a label works well for me, thank you) you see these gnarly half-flower things in progress. Makes you wonder, does it not? Makes me wonder too.

Have I mentioned Anne Truitt and how reading Daybook was an inspiration for me in the pre-blog era of the 80's. I read it when I was in my 20's and first starting out. I'd like to re-read that before the end of the year.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Abstraction is holding is own in these.

Leora Lutz said...

ah ha! that's the one...it may change later, but me likey.
and keep putting the process public - gets it out of your head. at least that is what works for me...

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.