November 18, 2009

Really.


Act II got lost.

First off, The folks behind Blogger are amazingly f'n dimwitted. The new updated post editor does not- get this, DOES NOT, have a spell checker! WTF? I mean, sure, I think we should spell things all proper and look words up in the dictionary. Builds character. But to NOT have a spellchecker in an UPDATED version is like mind-bogglingly mind-boggling. Okay. it's useless to rant about it. I went back to the old post editor.

Tracy took action and prompted everyone on The Fine Art Department website to update their info, upload new works, etc etc. Part of the etc etc was asking everyone for their facebook fanpage. Ugh. The dreaded fanpage. Sure, Fang can have his own fanpage cuz he's a dogstar, (The real deal, not Keanu Reeves' band.) but moi? I tried to have followers on this blog and after only 4 people were following me, I removed it. I am self-conscious, even in cyberspace.

So, in case you weren't listening on facebook and missed my opening this weekend, here's a decent pic of Mike Vegas and I in our space. We had never met before, so it was fun to meet someone new. That's Mike in front of his photograph. I will take liberty here and assume it's titled, Super. That's me in front of SOSSOL. I love that painting. It will find a good home one day.


5 comments:

mj said...

hey M.A.H.! thanks for checking in on my blog. DC is weird so far, but maybe in a good way. that painting is nice, and i like your ass-kicking stance in front of it.

cheers!

Karen Jacobs said...

I NEVER would have admitted that the reason I don't have a fan page is because I might not have the 'magic #' of fans... I mean, that might be true, but I NEVER would have said it! ;) (When did ART get to be so damned number driven? never mind...) oh, congrats on the show... nice pic!

M.A.H. said...

No worries, I've got an ass-kicking stance. ; )

Elaine Mari said...

That's great what you said about the fan page. I haven't set up a fan page (ick "fan") because I have the same fear as you do. I am afraid of not being fanned enough.

I have not "fanned" a couple of people who asked because, though I like them, I am not a fan of their work. It is all awkward and silly.. don't like it.

BTW I follow you on google reader. I like your attitude, your work and your blog.

M.A.H. said...

Thank you Elaine.

In defense of the fanpage, as a marketing tool, one can send messages/exhibition announcements to the entire fandom at once. That's why most of the artists I know have set one up. So it does seem to have a reason other than sounding like a popularity contest, but still, I'm just not there yet.

Sometimes I'm selective of what I join, like I don't want too much clutter in my FB room. Other times, I'm like, yeah, whatever.

I peeked over at your blog and saw a post about art for the people and want to take time to read through that a little more thoroughly. That concept is gnawing at me right now.

Thanks for saying hello.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.