May 08, 2008

I am Molasses

Dharma Pneumatic Carrier Station


I'm not sure where the time goes, but it's 6:13 pm and I am going to shift my focus to the interior dwelling.

Brief timeline of my day as best as I can recall:
  • 6:05 a.m. Alarm rings, hit snooze.
  • 6:15 a.m. Alarm rings, hit snooze.
  • 6: 25 a.m. Alarm rings, hit snooze.
  • 6:26 a.m. Clock radio, classical music. Slowly consider waking up and letting Fang out.
  • 7 a.m. Coffee. Set timer for 1 hour. Quiet time. I do nothing but meditate with my coffee. Sometimes I write.
  • 8 a.m. Timer goes off. I get dressed.
  • 8-11 a.m. Phone call. Track down box store in Marina Del Ray. Quick visit to a friend's studio to pick up more cardboard, stayed to chat a few. Grocery store. Unloaded car.
  • 11-12 p.m. Breakfast. Phone call.
  • 12-3 p.m. Made big mess with cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, strapping tape and shrink wrap in studio. And Styrofoam. Let's not forget the Styrofoam. I can't. It's everywhere.
  • 1-2 p.m. It only took me an hour and some change to wrap and pack the paintings once I had the proper materials.
  • 2:09 pm Coffee break. Returned neighbor's house key and took Fang for a walk.
  • Lost track of time after that.Maybe I packed the paintings before coffee. I can't remember, but I prepared packing list and cleaned up mess from studio. I lose focus easily when I have petty tasks to do. I tend to make frequent trips to the kitchen to snack on peanuts and consider another espresso. The other day Matt informed me coffee was a luxury item. Trader Joe's has French Roast, $8.99 for 24 oz. I stocked up. I probably killed 15 minutes wandering/pacing back and forth from studio to kitchen. Bad habit.
Still need to refurbish some things before burning a disk. I will finish this tonight before LOST comes on. I thought last week's episode was lame. Jack has a an appendectomy, shacks up with Kate in the future. Starts popping pills and drinking too much. Kate has a secret. Whoopee. Of course, that's still considerably more interesting than the day I just described. I'd like to see someone on the island try to pack artwork for shipping.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.